“Communication and PR is something that I’m very passionate about and have always had an interest in and the way MKT set out the day for us was a very good learning experience for me, and it made me think about this as a job I want to pursue in the future.”

On Thursday 4 March I was lucky enough to be able to attend a very special work placement at MKT Communications with four of our Year 10 Students, Greta, Carys, Acorn and Estella.

This placement was for students with an interest in exploring the world of Marketing and Communications and was part of the state-wide GirledWorld Workplace Mentoring Program.

The program is activating across March in partnership with the Victorian State Government to give students a chance to learn from women inside Victoria’s leading businesses, build employability skills and explore their future career pathways. 

This was a rare and excellent opportunity for the girls to experience the industry first hand, as well as attending an International Women’s Day morning tea. They also got to undertake a couple of real-world workplace activities. The girls also participated in a Career Speed Dating activity where they received personalised career mentorship and chat about their study choices, interest areas and career pathway options.

A big thank you to Madeleine Grummet and Edwina Kolomanski from GirledWorld for providing this opportunity for Preshil to be involved.

Bronte Howell – Careers Practitioner

“We absolutely loved having the girls in and were so impressed by their confidence and questions.”

Courtney Middleton